We have been open almost 5 years and in that 5 years, many amazing things have happened! Tons of goals met, PR’s made and friendships formed. We could not be happier about all of this. I’d like to point out that we are growing and I can also proudly say that our membership is higher than it’s ever been. We want to make sure that all new members feel welcome and have the same opportunities that some of you longer term members have had. So I’m just going to go over a few things to make everyone’s experience at MCCF a great one!
1. Once class is over, there is a new class coming in, so please be conscious of that. We have had people congregating in the WOD area which makes it very hard for the class to hear the coach as well as making it hard for the coach to teach. I understand it is fun to talk and goof around after class and we want you to, however, if you could please go outside or even in the babysitting area (or out front) it would really help.
2. Respect the fact that there is only one bathroom. We have built 2 changing rooms in the old office area. If you are changing, please do so in there. If you have to go to the bathroom AND change, please do your business in the bathroom and then go to the changing area to get dressed. This goes for members AND coaches.
3. Bags and whatnot….. Please, please, please use the lockers in the hall and in the changing room to put your stuff away! It is not fair that the coach has to move it out of the way to get to the computer system or to use the wall for a warm up and workout. (You can share a locker….we’re all friends)!
4. Kids are WELCOME! However, they are not welcome in the workout area when a WOD is happening. They can get hurt. I know that the kids are excited to see what their parents are doing but it’ll have to be at a time when there is no WOD going on. On that note, please make sure the kids room is tidy before leaving. One last thing the closing coach has to do! We love the little ones and want to keep them safe!
5. We all remember what it was like to be new. Please introduce yourself to any new comer and then go one step further and introduce them to someone else. A few hellos and recognizable faces to someone new can go a long way in making them feel welcome!
That is all I wanted to touch on for now. Thank you!